Due to Health and Safety, wheeled conveyances (including wheelchairs, baby buggies, scooters, bikes, inline skates) cannot be used for all events. Accompanying animals are not allowed on the course. Headphones and personal music devices are discouraged.
Health and safety
In the interest of providing a safe and enjoyable event experience for all entrants please take in to account the following;
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right
- Be courteous to your fellow participants at all times
- Please obey instructions from race officials, volunteers, Police and traffic management at all times
Overall distance placings will be based on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Male and Female runner across the Finish Line.
All timing results will be available online by age group category and will be based on participant's mat time.
Timing mats will be located at all start lines and at the finish line. Additionally, all runners will receive a split time at various points throughout the course. These will be updated with precise locations closer to the event date.
Disposable timing chips are attached to the back of your race number and will record your time. Timing chips do not need to be returned.
We will also have an Event Mobile App that will include an athlete tracker so you can follow your friends results on the day.
In order to ensure a smooth start for all runners, seeded start zones will be in place at the start line of each event. Entrants are asked to assemble in the appropriate zone depending on their expected finish time. All walkers and those with prams must start at the back of the pack to ensure runners are not hindered. Please look for the expected finish time signage marked in the start area.
Runaway Noosa Marathon will have Pacers in both the Marathon and Half Marathon.
Pacers are experienced runners, who will keep an even pace throughout the race so you are able to keep pace or beat a certain goal time.
If you would like to run with a Pacer or run a certain time, please keep an eye out for Pacers at the start line.
Pacers will have a wear a running singlet and coloured Balloon attached indicating their pace time.
2022 Applications will open at a later time.
There will be a bag drop service for all runners, located at the Lions Park Festival Village.
Please collect your bag by 1:00pm on Saturday before you leave the Festival Village. Any uncollected gear will be held at the Noosaville office for 2 weeks, afterward it will be donated to charity.
All bags must be accompanied by the race number gear tag available at the Bag Drop. Please ensure your race bag has the gear tag attached before you drop it off at the designated bag drop area.
Any gear left at the start lines or discarded and left at any point on the course will be collected and donated to Charity. You must NOT drop any gear at aid stations or anywhere on the course for later retrieval.
Race Day Checklist
- Your race number (and pins to attach it).
- You official gear bag for bag drop labelled with supplied bag tag.
- Weather appropriate clothing, plus sunscreen and cap.
- Please ensure you have completed the back of your race number with your name, any medical conditions and a contact name and phone number (other than your own or someone else running) in case of emergency.
- Please pin your race number to the front of your T-shirt or running vest and make sure it is clearly visible. You must not use someone else’s number, nor let someone else use yours.
- Your race number carries your disposable timing chip which is your unique timing device for the race. You must wear your race number to be classified as a starter and a finisher of the race and have your time recorded. Timing chips do not need to be returned.
- This is a fully supported marathon with Aid stations, so you do not need to carry a hydration pack unless you want to. The course is all on-road, so road running shoes should be worn.
Spectator viewing locations
To ensure your support crew, family and friends can see you out there on the event course and cheer you on, we will identify a number of great spectator viewing locations. Please view the course map and familiarise yourself with the best way to get around the course as a spectator and the access points for spectators. View Spectator Map.
Download the event mobile app for key information on all that is happening at Runaway Noosa Marathon. The app includes an athlete tracker so you can follow your friends.
Event day road closures
There will be a number of road closures in the Noosa Region on event day. We will publish a road closure map closer to event day so you can familiarise yourself with these closures and plan your day and driving routes accordingly.
Each distance event will be well supported with Aid stations located across the course for all distances, approximately every 2.5km.
Aid stations will provide water, isotonic sports drink, toilet facilities and first aid.
Please refer to course maps for aid station locations.