Race date: Saturday 28 May 2022
Distances: Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km
Start times: 6:15am for Marathon, 6.30am for Half Marathon, 9:15am for 10km
Start Line -
Noosa Parade, Noosa Heads (Marathon, Half Marathon)
Laguna Park, Noosa Parade, Noosa Heads (10km)
Finish Line - Lions Park, Noosa Heads
Athlete Check In
Friday 27 May 2022
2:00pm - 7:00pm - All distances - Lions Park, Noosa Heads
Saturday 28 May 2022
4:30am - 6:00am - Marathon, Half Marathon - Lions Park, Noosa Heads
6:15am - 8:15am - 10km - Lions Park, Noosa Heads
3 Aug 2021 - 1 Dec 2021
2 Dec 2021 - 16 Mar 2022
17 Mar 2022 - 28 May 2022
Please note: All entry fees are shown in Australian dollars and include all fees and taxes. Entries are available up until check-in closes or once the event is sold out. Entries for personalised bibs (name) closes at Sunday 1 May 2022 at midnight AEST. Entrants after this will not have a name printed on their bib.
Entry Fee Inclusions
- Race Number
- Personalised Race Bib if entered prior to 1 May 2022
- Timing Chip
- Finishers medal (all distances)
- Medical support/assistance
- Aid stations on the course (with water, isotonic sports drink, toilets and first aid)
- Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food and drink
- Shuttle Bus Services from Cooyar Street, Noosa Junction to Noosa Heads Lions Park
- Category Winners Prizes
|3 Aug 2021 11am||Entries Open|
|5 Mar 2022 11:59pm||45% Refunds Close|
|3 Apr 2022 11:59pm||Name on Name Tee (Available in Merch Store)|
|16 Apr 2022 11:59pm||22% Refund Close|
|1 May 2022 11:59pm||Personalised Bib Cut Off|
|19 May 2022 5pm||Transfer to a Friend Ends|
|19 May 2022 5pm||Transfer Distances Ends|
All times are in AEST.
If you cannot participate in the event, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Athlete Withdrawal dates only. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the athlete. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser in writing via email at email@example.com
Eligible Athlete Withdrawal Refunds
Where eligible, please allow up to 30 business days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, it is the athlete’s responsibility to notify our customer service team when requesting the eligible refund.
- 5 March 2022: 45% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to 11:59pm AEST on this date
- 16 April 2022: 22% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to 11:59pm AEST. No refunds for athlete withdrawals after this date
*The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will be refunded in addition to the entry fee: Official Event Photographer photo packages. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as medal engraving tag, training plans and merchandise are not refundable.
**Athletes who have deferred into this event from a previous year or transferred into this event from another event or entered the event through the use of an Event Credit are not eligible for athlete withdrawal refunds.
Please note: It is each athlete’s sole responsibility to ensure that they can attend (including Athlete Check-In during specified times) and compete in the event on the day. Other than as provided for in the Athlete Withdrawal program set out above, no refunds will be given for change of mind, change of personal circumstances, or injury.
If you decide to withdraw at the event after collecting your race kit at Check-In, please advise Event Information onsite and hand your timing chip in. If you need to withdraw on race day, your details must be recorded by the Drop Out Clerk located at Event Information.
Athletes can request to transfer their entry to a lesser or greater race distance up until such time as that race distance is sold out, subject to the following terms:
- To request a transfer from one race distance to another, athletes must log into their MyEvents account and select Change Category before 5:00pm (AEST) on 19 May 2022. After this date, such requests can only be made at the Help Desk at Athlete Check-in.
- Transferring to a greater distance: Where an athlete requests to transfer to a greater distance and space is available, the athlete is required to pay the difference in entry fees between the two distances.
- Transferring to a shorter distance: Where an athlete requests to transfer to a shorter distance and space is available, the difference in entry fees will not be refunded.
Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else in accordance with the below stated Person to Person Transfer date.
- Person to Person transfers accepted up until 5:00pm (AEST) on 19 May 2022. No person to person transfers accepted after this date.
- A transfer fee of $27AUD including all fees and taxes will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- Athletes can formally transfer their entry to someone else within the same distance event already entered.
- The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will not be transferred with your entry but will be refunded: Official Event Photographer. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as medal engraving tag, training plans and merchandise, are not refundable and will not be transferred with your entry.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else who is wanting to do a different distance event (i.e. Full Marathon to Half Marathon).
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant must log in to their MyEvents account, select Transfer Registration and follow the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will be sent a link to complete the registration and will need to pay for the entry (at the current entry price) in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $27AUD including all fees and taxes transfer fee.
**As stated in the Event Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our athletes on course.
What if I cannot make the event due to border closures related to the COVID-19 pandemic?
The 2022 Runaway Noosa Marathon takes place in Queensland, Australia. It is each athlete’s individual responsibility to ensure they can attend the event location on the event date.
If state or international border closures prevent you from attending the event, you will be given a limited time opportunity to defer your entry to the following year. We will review international border restrictions approximately 30 business days out from the event date, and state border restrictions 7 business days out from the event date.
If you are impacted (based on the home address you entered with), you won’t need to do anything. We will contact you directly by email and provide you with more information.
In the circumstances set out above, there will be no refund of the athlete’s entry fee, or any other costs incurred in connection with the event.
What if the event does not take place on 28 May 2022, for reasons relating to the Covid-19 pandemic?
Where possible, the event will be rescheduled, and if this happens all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) automatically moved to the new event date. We will provide as much notice as we can. If the new event date is unsuitable, IRONMAN will provide a limited time opportunity to athletes to defer their race registration to the following year.
If for reasons beyond the IRONMAN Group’s control the event is cancelled, all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) moved to the same event the following year. If the new event date is unsuitable, IRONMAN will provide a limited time opportunity to athletes to transfer their race registration to an equivalent event within Oceania (subject to availability).
In the circumstance set out above, there will be no refund of the athlete’s entry fee, or any other costs incurred in connection with the event.
What if the 2022 Runaway Noosa Marathon takes place on 28 May 2022 but is subject to a capacity or density limit?
2022 Runaway Noosa Marathon will be conducted in accordance with all health orders in place at the time of the event, including any requirements of the QLD Government and/or QLD Health. Where the event becomes subject to a capacity or density limit, impacted participants (assessed by order of registration) will be invited to select from a number of options, including deferral into the 2023 event or a full refund. We will provide as much notice as we can.
Our Athlete Services team can assist with large group bookings (10+). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your requirements.
If your group is interested in other marathon events we have five incredible destination marathon events across Oceania that you may be interested in.